Latest posts by prasanna sahu (see all)
- Cell Broadcast Service or Public Warning System in 5G - July 10, 2020
- 5G Security (5G AKA Authentication) - January 20, 2020
- 5G Network Identity SUPI/SUCI - May 15, 2019
- Cell Broadcast Service or Public warning system is part of 5G cell broadcast mechanism.
- Cell Broadcast Centre Function(CBCF), is generic broadcast centre responsible for all kind of broadcast messages including paid advertisement.
- Public Warning System(PWS) is specific to public warning related broadcast messages like Earthquake, Tsunami etc.
- Both the entities can Write/Replace/Cancel broadcast messages to AMF via Namf SAP(N50) interface.
- When writing Broadcast message to AMF, CBCF/PWS need to provide the content of the message, message ID, number of broadcast, broadcast intervals etc.
- At any point of time CBCF/PWS can cancel a broadcast by specifying the message ID that is currently actively broadcasted.
Warnning message delivery procedure in NG-RAN
Write/Replace Warnning message by AMF to NG-RAN
PWS Cancel Procedure
PWS Restart indication
PWS Failure Indication